I'm a daddy!

Andrew

Hiya all,

Well, I'm finally back into breeding fish after a long drought...lol

And what better fish to kick off the comeback than M. hajomaylandi?! I stripped over 40 young from their mother after 10 days and all are doing marvellously. Haven't lost one (touch wood) and the vivid yellow colour coming through is really quite a treat for their size. They should be excellent when they grow up, as there are three different bloodlines in the colony! smile.gif

Second in line is Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Hongi Island". For those that don't know the variety, this form of the "Jake" comes from great depths in a small area around Hongi Island, Lake Malawi. It is one of the rarest forms of Jake and certainly very beautiful. It can be distinguished by its dark vertical bars and similar (but not same) colouring as A. mamelela. I've now got a couple of mouths full of these cute little fishies and they show no signs of stopping. biggrin.gif

More species on the way... Doubtless, these babies will show up in the classifieds in due course...

Enjoy your fishies!

Andrew.

Guest Panga

Congrats on the spawns....

i lookforward to the Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Hongi Island" hitting the classifieds

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! Yeah, YeW, I bought the hajos some months ago and have been growing them up for breeding. The reason I bought them is not only because they're such attractive and good-natured Mbuna, but also because the few I saw available were the only few I had seen around for bloomin' ages! I could scarce believe that something which was once so common had become so hard to find. Still, that's the way of the hobby, I guess. Fluctuations are a fact of life.

Well, I can at least assure you they'll be around for a lot longer in some amount. biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Andrew.

Archived