Help sought from Melbourne users ..

lungy

Ummm hey guy's smile.gif I am currently looking at the prospect of shipping

a large pair of fish Up here rolleyes.gif ... They are 30cm Americans

so some-one with ability to pack and send directly is sought smile.gif ...

Obviously a fee will apply & happy to negotiate terms wink.gif ...

I am recieving pic's today hopefully & i will post them here so you can see what yer playing with ... Thanx

Andy... 0417191200 ..

Ps. Yes it's a big ask rolleyes.gif ...

I'll be down in melbourne next month sometime, if thats any use to you... I'd happily pack them up and bring them back to Sydney, hmm... but now I'm thinking you live in QL.

Oh well the offer stands if you need it, tho i will have to wait until the end of this week to confirm with work that they are still sending me and what dates I will be down there.

Well that was a waste of time. That old forum was a shocker, nothing is EZ about it.

There was a huge thread when I first posted that photo but I can't recall what they were at the end of the day.

I think I said they were Trem's but it was decided that they were Mono's but I am very fuzzy on that so don't stop looking.

Hi Andy,

Maybe some of the confusion comes from the fact that originally two species of Cichla were recognised: C. ocellaris and C. temensis. It has recently been proposed that they split the C. ocellaris into a series of discrete species including monoculus (Peru, Amazon), intermedia, orinocensis (Venezuela) and ocellaris (Guianas). They are classed according to dramatic regional polymorphism. In the absence of reliable information as to the origin of the export, I guess that the name Cichla sp. affin. ocellaris is best applied to this fish.

HTH.

merjo

Cichla monoculus.

Although the eye of Monocs are said to be ornage they can also be red in some cases. You have some nice monocs there or if your really lucky maybe even occies, but not temensis.

Archived