Electric Blues

mermaid

I'd really like to look up some information on Electric Blues but I don't know their scientific name! I seen them at the petshop today in a tank with some Electric Yellows and they were GORGEOUS.

Any help would be great smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

I'm thinking of having 2 of them in my 4ft tank along with 4 electric yellows, 1 jewel, and 1 convict. I think it'd look great smile.gif

eep.. I looked up that fish and thats the wrong one.. maybe it was labelled wrong at the petshop??

The fish at the petshop was blue with black stripes, vertical stripes. Do you know what type that'd be?

yeah! that was them!

would I be able to keep 2 males together? with the 4 e.yellows, 1 jewel and 1 convict?

biggrin.gif

From my experience I wouldn't recommend it. I have found the male lose there colour if theres is no female to dipslay to. Where there any bright yellow fish in the tank? Other wise i would guess that they werent saulosi. I would find out from the shop what the fish is, because there are a lot of Psuedotropheus's that are blue with black bars.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Josh and Evelyn

Okay thanks

Yeah there were 2 yellows in the tank, but they were electric yellows.

I'll go to the petshop and ask what the scientific name is for the fish they have in the tank. smile.gif

If you liked the look of the saulosi males, and wanted to contrast them with something yellow, why not try saulosi females. They are a bit more orange, but that way you wouldnt have to worry about destroying hybrid fry biggrin.gif You could sell them wink.gif

ps. saulosi are selling pretty cheap ATM. There seems to be an abundance of good quality fish around at good prices.

Archived