Julidochromis Transcriptus fry

Richard

Hey guys,

Afew weeks ago i saw my julis begin to dig under a rock and making a cave. Well just on Monday i looked around in the cave (its 2 rock pilled on each other which makes a cave in the middle, the pair dug under the bottom rock and bred there im guessing) and i saw some fry!!!

Well its now the end of the week and the fry are still hanging around there. Ive counted about 20 or so but the numbers seem to have decreased.

When should i take the fry out?

The pair are in a 6x2x2 tank with hongi, e.yellows & blues, 1 male alto gold comp and a colony of leptos and 3 bristlenose. Any of these eating them? Maybe the Alto?

Just wondering is there more fry at the exact site that the pair spawned or have they just moved all over the cave/rock pile now?

When should i remove them? Or should i just let them grow in there?

cheers

Richard

Congratulations on the spawn. The A. compressiceps will definitely eat the Julie fry. Personally I leave fry with the parents but you obviously can't with a community tank. Make sure the chemistry of the tank you move them to is the same as the one they came from, and keep up the water changes in their new tank.

Good luck.

Archived