Australian Fish/Cichlid Breeders Register

Cichlids_au

Hi folks

We have decided to bring a Breeders Register at your request. I will monitor the forum for a while and edit posts until we get enough there for everyone to see how they should make their posts.

All members can see it but only the Cichlid group can post in it.

If you need help with it please use this post to ask your questions, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that want clarification and answers here will help everyone.

Enjoy

The SCP team

The list is sorted alphabetically by Username as default. You can alter the view using the sort by menus at the bottom of the forum.

Also when you amend your post could you place "Updated on 19/3/2004" in the Topic Description field please.

Is it acceptable to illustrate your species and quality by adding your own photos of your own fish to your post? If it is, would the guidelines be the same as the general image guidelines or different?

hi,

sure.. not a problem. isn't there some saying about mimicry being the best form of flattery blush.giftongue.gif

Just to help all that nice flattery along wub.gif this is the layout in case anyone wants to copy/paste it:

The following are the fish I'm breeding, trying to breed or wishin' they'd breed.
[last updated: 19.03.2004 ]

Glossary:
B=fish I'm breeding
G=fish I'm growing up or trying to breed
T=I have tinyfry or a mouthful, not big enough to play with the big fish
Fx-y=I have fry from x to y cm in length that I'd be willing to sell
J=I have juveniles or adults I'd be willing to sell

[SIZE=7][b]Group A[/b][/SIZE][LIST]
[*]species 1"locality" [B,T,F3-4]
[*]species 2 "locality" [B,T,F3-4]
[/LIST]

[SIZE=7][b]Group B[/b][/SIZE][LIST]
[*]species 1"locality" [B,T,F3-4]
[*]species 2 "locality" [B,T,F3-4]
[/LIST]

general guff and how to contact me

although.. I'm considering switching over to mimic Lee's

** Fry for sale now.

* Fry for sale soon.

Hi Laurie

OK, I can't restrict the posting to just the poster so we won't be allowing reply's to posts. I would have liked that one if I could because each post could have been for a different geographic region.

Lifting the lid on images that are stored on your own server could be an issue but we are happy to expand it to 20 for that forum only. The poster must host images. All other Image rules apply.

I'm sure your gallery will look good and load fast, but I can see some ugly posts going up because of the inexperience of some the posters. I hate going into that Earth Eater Discussion, the real names post because of the images that are in there. I'm set on 1024 x 768 and I still have them off the screen.

I think a post with varying size images will look bad but we will give it a go and see how it works.

Yup, fair enough, how about if I put my hand up, and say, if people don't know how to resize their pics, they can send them to me, and I'll do it for them and email them back. How would that be? I can also do a quick colour/brightness/contrast balance too if they like.

I could also host a *limited* number of images if they don't know where to host them.

Excellent Fiona.

I find it hard to believe the help that members get on these forums. One member can get help with transporting fish from Melbourne to Brisbane and now this.

There are many more acts of selflessness here; it just blows me away.

YES, probably not the right place to say this, nit it is great to see people helping everyone they can, i know that many people have helped me, without evevn knowing me, So id like to say thanks for everyones "selflessness" we need more people like you around!

CHEERS DANIEL!

Guest Gutty
Yup, fair enough, how about if I put my hand up, and say, if people don't know how to resize their pics, they can send them to me, and I'll do it for them and email them back. How would that be? I can also do a quick colour/brightness/contrast balance too if they like.

I could also host a *limited* number of images if they don't know where to host them.

Good on you Fiona !! People should be jumping at this offer, you did a good job on my "very red" photos.

Matt

Archived