New Africans

Teamsherman

I have recently recieved some Kirkii and fire blues, and am curious if i should be feeding them African specific foods, or just any good quality cichlid food? at the moment they are getting some adult brine shrimp and some ordinary cichlid pellets, they do love the brine shrimp, but i know this cant be a staple diet as it is not very beneficial for the fish (or my wallet). Anyways, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Alan. cool.gif

what your feeding them sounds good- a staple of pellets/flake and live/fozen food as a treat. you dont have to feed them pellets/flake primaraly for cichlids although they do have beneficial vitamins etc. if you search through the forums i think there was a thread on which foods are good etc.

HTH

Harry

Matey i have adapted Anita's frozen food to suite my smaller quantity of fish and also add a few xtra goodies for them. The roe from when i go fishing seems to be enjoyed.

I use seaweed paper rather than spirulina(its cheaper).

Mate feed em this stuff and watch em grow quick.hahaha also helps if you have a few cats in ya tank as it can get abit messy. My gibby and Bristlenose's love it.

Here is the link to anita's. Cheers

Archived