Hiring a truck/ute to pick up tanks, where to go?

Rolla

Hi guys,

Well ill be purchasing a breeding setup on Saturday and ill need to hire a ute/truck to pick it up...

Im thining the truck would make the job alot easier but i want to do it as cheap as possible...

Im sure someone here has been in the same situation, so who did you hire through and what was the damage???

Alternativley, if someone owns a truck here and wants to make some cash send me a pm

I would just hire the biggest pantec truck U can drive on a standard licence, get the one with the lift on the back. At a guess i would say you have the stand + six 4' tanks. so they will take up some room. Dont forget plent of packing material and something to sucure them in the truck

Good luck

Josh and Evelyn

HI Rolla,

A 5x8 trailer will fit the stand in smile.gif as that is what we used when we moved it from our first house to the one we are in now with no problems. and you can pack the tanks around it and cover with blankets and stuff to stop it breaking.....well hope this helps just my 2 cents worth.

I believe you can get a 4 tonne truck with a standard licence. That should cost you about $120 for the day (less if you have it for less than 4 hours I think).

See if any relatives need furniture moved the same day so you can split the cost wink.gif

Otherwise, see how much a courier would charge to deliver it. You may be surprised.

Archived