M.Estherae holding. WHAT NOW !

nw1411

Hi guys,

I have just discovered my M.Estherae is holding.

I have no idea for how long. Is there a way to tell?

What do I do now? Do I seperate this fish from the rest?

(4 x Yellow Labs, 5 x Rustys, 1 x Cobalt Blue)

Do I let nature take its course ?

As you can tell, this is the first time I am going to be a fish Dad and have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

hi, you dont say if there are any other estherae in the tank. have you just got a female? you can either leave her in the tank if there is enough cover of put her in a seerate tank by herself, this would be less stressful.

Hi NW

You will need to separate her, the Labs Rusty's and cobalt will have a feast on the fry when she releases them.

Just catch her, and put her in a small tank and leave her alone, she will release them and then you can take her out and return her to the main tank.

Try not to stress her out by chasing her with the net to much, I use a Perspex sheet to back them into one end so I don't have to chase her too much.

Thanks.

The thing is that I don't have a complete 2nd setup.

I have one of those plastic golfish tanks with the lid that has small slots all over it.

Would it work if I put that in the main tank with her in it.

That way she stays in the same water.

thanks for your help.

have a look at the 'DIY" fry savers, or use the gold fish tank and extra holes in the side ,make them small so the new fry dont get out and selastic some foam strips around the top so it floats

HTH

Josh and Evelyn

Archived