demasoni and hongi

fishtraderlau

I have 6 demasoni at 5-6.5cm in a 4x2 with a colony (6 adult, 6 sub adult) of yellows, and the demasoni seem pretty subdued in this set up. When I had them in quarantine (2'x2') they were much more fiesty but they were alone, with not as much structure as this tank has.

ps. My demasoni seem to have a wickid growth rate compared to other mbuna, and they are smaller in total size. I find this odd, but good in that they are breeding size now laugh.gif

Hi Andrew & John,

Great to hear my babies are now reaching adulthood thanks to the care received by their adoptive families biggrin.gif .

Cheers

Hey Aline, Thanks a lot for the sale in the 1st place more like it- i'll send you an email.

As for the demasoni and hongi- only 2 posts really saying it's ok so i might give it a go this weekend and monitor for a couple of days. The tank is a 4x18x18, only 6 demasoni it in so far, heavy rocked so heaps of structure and hiding places for sure- all to make sure demasoni were going to be ok! if i could get the two in together, boy oh boy it would be a beautiful tank indeed.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

The demasoni and hongis should go together well.

It is true that the demasonis are very aggressive, but the hongis can stand their own pretty well. Eventhough, that the hongis are in the same family as the electric yellows the hongis are not pacific at all.

Andrew

If you are going to add one to anthers tank I would also suggest that you pull all the inhabitants out and rearrange the rock work so that they all have to establish themselves in the new environment. Trying to introduce one group to a tank where the other group is established is a recipe for disaster.

Archived