whats your local water like?

snipes

hi everyone interested to know what most peoples water comes out like (ph and hardness) I have heard it varies from area to area even though the majority of Sydney is supplied by warragamba dam (i think thats the one).

since i have a tank cycling at the moment I was wondering what chatswood north shore area seems to get on a regular basis as i think it will be the decider on wether I go with fronties in high ph or oscars in a lower ph.... laugh.gif

Same as Ducksta except I'm from the Fairlfied area.

Around 7.8 out of the tap. It could suit Malawis but I still add Seachem Malawi buffer and salts (which brings the pH up to 8.4) for my Malawis and Tang Buffer for Tanganyikans. For bristlenose, I just add a few pieces of driftwood which brings it close to neutral.

Cheers

Paul

Up here in Bathurst I have a ph of anywhere from 8.0 Mon to thursday and strangely enough 8.3 friday to sunday. It has somethingh to do with the chemicals added to our water supply.

I am experimenting bottled water for my americans as i am finding it easier to up the ph rather than down it.

Cheers Memphis

I have plans to try them all but at the moment i came into some neverfail or never fall (i have done my knee in and cant get outside to the containers) 20lt bottle sthe ones othat come with the dispensers. They were free but usually i think the refills are about $20 -30?? dont quote me. But i topped up with coles brans water and it was bout$4 for ten liters again dont quote me. And added a bucket of cycled water from the tap and have a ph that i couldnt ask for more. no hole in the head for me although i prob need one.hahahaha Just need to find some Uaru (HINT HINT)babies and i will be set!!

will let you know more. the bottled stuff is awesome cause you can even quote your sodium/patasium magnesium and more levels. makes you sound like you know ur stuff hahaha

Archived