Filtration for 2ft tank

mermaid

I want to buy a new filter for my 2ft tank.

I want it to be safe for fry as my kribs will most likely have more babies in there, and the price tag under $50.

(Under $30 would be even better but I doubt I'll be that lucky! tongue.gif)

Why such a low price tag? I'm a student! heh

Any suggestions as to what I should buy? The tank doesn't have a hood or anything like that. It's just a plain basic tank.

Guest Gutty

Option 3: A small HOB filter. I personally use an AC200 on my 2fter. You MUST modify the inlet so as to not allow fry into it. I use a sponge over the intake.

The 4th one down on this page would probably do the job and is a bargain at only $20.plus $7 postage

BTW i also agree that a decent air driven sponge/corner/ice cream container filter would do the job fine.

oh okay.. it has a sponge filter in it at the moment but it doesnt do much good. I'll but a new one and just siphon the gravel regularly. Maybe its not the tank, it might be where it is situated. All my other tanks have access to sunlight so they look really bright and clear, whereas this one is against a cream wall with no direct sunlight.

I hate where it is, I'm looking at replacing it with a 3ft tank that has a hood with a light in it.

Archived