Hongi / Yellow together ?

nw1411

Hi Guys,

New to SC and Cichlids!.....great source of info.

Question....I have a 4x2x2 with 5 Yellow Labs, 2 Rusty's, 1 N Venustas and a Cobalt Blue.

I am keen to get a couple of Lab Hongi's.

I have read that you shouldn't mix Labs. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Also, I am currently cycling another 4x2x2 and would like some 'different' Africans.

Recommendations?

you can keep the fish together without a problem as long as you have a DISPLAY tank situation and not a breeding setup. make sure you don't keep any of the fry. if you want to breed them, then its definitely not recommended you keep those two species together as they WILL interbreed.

I have seen many species in a DISPLAY tank happily interbreed, have all fry eaten and it works just fine. No harm done, fish get some more protein and the tank looks great smile.gif

I Agree with Kin (Just for second oppinion), if you want some different africans you could go for some Lake Tanganyikan Cichlids, like Albino Neolamprologus Brichardi, or some Cyp Leptosoma, or some of the many other Tang species cool.gif.

Anthony cool.gif

if you want some different africans you could go for some Lake Tanganyikan Cichlids, like Albino Neolamprologus Brichardi, or some Cyp Leptosoma

I wouldnt use Cyps with the fish you have as the Venustus would have a nice meal of them, as would the cobalts tongue.gif

LOL dont you read whole posts Mark, he/she said he/she wants some different africans for another 4ft tank...lol, not the one with the Venustus rolleyes.gif me not that stupid tongue.gif

Anthony laugh.gif

PS: all in good fun!!!

Archived