Dimi comp in a display tank

Guest Gutty

Guest Gutty

G'day my fishy friends, i have a 6x18 mainly peacock/hap display tank. Until yesterday the tank boss was either an E.blue or a big Red rubin. Well yesterday i changed my substrate and re-arranged the rockwork a bit.

Instantly after adding the fish back to the tank my Dimi comp decided it was his turn as tank boss.........and he is a terror !!! (Though he looks great all coloured up..... cool.gif )

As soon as i turned the lights out last night there was a big splish splash and one of my calvus took the leap of faith out a 25mmx25mm gap in the lid/top. Luckily i saw somthing fly out the top and quickly picked him up off the carpet. Now there is no way this calvus would fit in the Dimis mouth, but that didn't stop him(the Dimi) killing and eating(only a skeleton left) his brother and sister a few months back.

Anyway, what i'd like to know is, does anyone keep Dimi comp/s in their mixed display tanks ? And how aggressive do you find them ?

Do i just have an aggressive Dimi or am i tripp'n thinking i can keep him in there at all ??

I do have another male thats alot less aggressive............so far....

Thanks

Matt

i have 4 dimis in my friend's display tank with alot of e-blues along with kadangoes, frontosas, maleri gold, convicts and more that i couldn't name them all. Well the dimis are the largest ones in the tank, AND fish have ever been bitten or picked on before.

Well....that mean to me that the dimis are a very friendly and peaceful fish.

U just have to keep them in a larger fish tank, coz your tank might be too crowdy.

smile.gif

Guest Gutty

U just have to keep them in a larger fish tank, coz your tank might be too crowdy.

smile.gif

What size tank are yours in ? And roughly how many other fish are they with ??

Thanks Rich

Matt

Guest Gutty

So i assume no one else on here keeps a Dimi in a display/community type setup ??

I must just be a weirdo............ blink.gif

I've kept dimis in display tanks in the past with no problem whatsoever.

I've also had a fry tub containing 1cm fry tip itself upside down in a dimi growout tank (5-6cm dimis) and apart from a few of the slower fry, most survived and co existed with the much larger dimis for over 6 months until I pulled down the tank.

I've never had agression problems, and never had any fish lose fins beacuse of a dimi.

Guest Gutty

Thanks for the reply Andy smile.gif

I guess my fella is just a .....(place descriptive word of your liking here)

Well last night i lost a fish to this nasty fella. Came home after going out for dinner to find one of my Kandangoes on the floor(jumped out an even smaller hole at other end of tank) with a hole in his gut area that looked very much like a bite mark from those Dimi teeth. And though i didn't actually witness it i assume it was the Dimi as everything else is cowering in one corner of the tank.

Any ideas on settling this fella down ? I was thinking of removing him from the main tank for a couple of weeks then re-introducing him when some territories are worked out among the other bigger fish in the tank.

As it is at the moment he wants the whole 6fter to himself.....and he's no bigger than 12cm........ blink.gif

I think it's gonna be "solitary" or "the chair" for this fanged fish......

Lata

Matt

Guest Gutty
where u get the maleri golds from

they looked very nice how would i get my hands on some?

Don't you have some for sale ?? wacko.gif

Archived