Tropheus Questions

JDHOGG

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but I have been scanning through previous discussions. Learned lots but still have a few questions.

I will be setting up a new 6ft x 2 x 2 shortly and I want to have a tropheus colony. I do like Duboisi but it seems like they are very common and I would like to try something a bit different. What other tropheus types are readily available in Sydney? If possible can someone give me an idea of the price. I'm looking at getting about 20 of juviniles.

I was also wondering about "petrochromis trewavasae". I read somewhere that someone in Perth had some with tropheus. Are they available in Sydney?

Are they a viable option for tropheus tank mates or are they too psycho?

thanks.. biggrin.gif

All tropheus are available thay are on the import list. So all you have to decide is the one you wont. As for putting petrochromis with them not somthing i would do. Petrochromis grow to 18cm tropheus about 12cm and petrochromis are i bit more aggresive. Hope thats of some help.

I have also read a breeder in US keeps and breeds wildcaught Petros and he keeps tropheus with them as dither fish.

Jdhogg i have a few different tropheus fry coming up soon send us a PM if interested.

Thanks Jim.

Probably won't be for about 2 months by the time I have the tank up and running.

I'm am really looking forward to getting this tank so maybe I am a little bit over eager. Atleast now I know I can put the word out and should be able to get some nice tropheus when I have everything ready.

thanks again... jdhogg

Archived