Murray Cod

mezzacam

I got one, w00t, about 2inche long and costed me $9... from LFS (Glendale) Not exactly cheap for it's size, BUT i oculdn't be bothered driving to any other place to try find a bigger one, lol. i also got 10 moutain... clouds, which are in the pond with him

and hoping for them to breed a fair bit before Murray grows big enough to start feeding on them, lol... I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyy

Alright, i'll keep that in mind, i am just hoping mine will stay alive to breed enough

to keep their numbers up, LOL

Would some strong plants go alright in the pond? for say the clouds to hide in? or will the Cod rip through them when he gets bigger?

Cheers, Cameron.

I think some plats willbe a good idea. a 2 inch cod will eat anythig up to about 1 1/2 inches long. you would be absolutly amazed at what they can fit in their mouths. we used to have EF cod at work a few years ago and one of the guys was feeding in a tank and a 150gm cod came up to eat a pellet and fish which wasn't much bigger (200g) swam right up behind it a proceeded to swallow it. took a while but it did manage to kill and eat it ohmy.gif

cheers and best of luck, cod are beautiful fish and if it outgrows the pond you can have yourself some good fillets biggrin.gif j/k

James

lol, thanks bimbo, that's interesting, i'llhave to keep an eye out for that ghappening. and btw thanks matt for the offer, and sorry for not responding, lol.. i have been away for the past 4 days playing a baseball tournament in Sydney smile.gif Cheers, Cameron

Archived