display tank

akaomar

For how many, the rule of thumb is an inch of fish per 12 square inches of water surface area. So 72 inches of fish. Remember that the fish you buy will grow so calculate their adult sizes.

As far as what you want to put in, why not browse the gallery (remembering water parameters) and see what you like. You can come back with a list and see what's compatible.

i have a 4x18x18 and i want to make it a display tank

i am after colour full fish

what should i put in it and how many fish can i put in it

Do you have an idea of a theme (eg planted or non-planted, which region, type of fish)?

PHL makes a very good point. Think of a theme for your tank first.

I've seen some awesome looking display tanks with not all that many fish in it.

A friend of mine keeps 1 saratoga (although it's colourful) in a tank by itself but the way he's organised and decorated the rocks, wood, plants, gravel etc just makes me drool.

I'll try to get a pic up when I get a chance.

As for a tank with colourful fish, most malawi and mbuna are colourful enough, just try not to get too much of one colour. From what I've seen Gutty, Sab and Baz (from the forums) have some very good looking setups so you may wanna follow a similar sought of look.

Cheers

Paul

As for a tank with colourful fish, most malawi and mbuna are colourful enough, just try not to get too much of one colour. From what I've seen Gutty, Sab and Baz (from the forums) have some very good looking setups so you may wanna follow a similar sought of look.

Actually have seen an impressive setup with many Cardinal Tetras; it was a lushly planted tank, so very green, and the movement of blue/red really stood out.

Archived