My illustration of a Cobalt Blue male

sab

hi all...

just thought I'd share an illustration I did yesterday of one of my Cobalt Blue males.

For those interested, I illustrated this (on a Mac! smile.gif ) using Adobe Illustrator CS... smile.gif

Enjoy!

sab

user posted image

cheers for the comments all! smile.gif

Sarah> You can get Illustrator CS for both PC and Macs... Its one of the programs I use at work as a graphic designer, and have been using it for years and years thru all the diff versions! smile.gif I actually did the illustration for the GFs birthday card late last week! smile.gif she was chuffed, but said not more fish! LOL! smile.gif

js> never tried to illustrate a peacock... could be a good challenge to get the mottled pattern looking OK!

Going to illustrate the Lab. sp. hongi next!

mbuna> I work for a company and also do freelance on the side - so I'm amazed I found time to do this! smile.gif

fiona> took about 45 minutes or so.

nova> yeah - could have used the gradient mesh to create a few more different variations!

cheers all!

absolute> yeah - using paths and the anchor tool with handles to adjust the curves… but not too much as I kind of dig the angular points – also used different gradients etc. for fill. The scales are a drop repeat pattern I created using about 30% tint in the stroke. Anyways… thats enough of the secrets! smile.gif

Calvus> cheers! Maybe I should charge folks for doing "portraits" of their fave fish! LOL! smile.gif Perhaps a classified is warranted? I feel kind of like those dodgy portrait guys you see at local markets/supermarkets? LOL! Except of course a lot classier and much better subjects and a much better illustration style!

cheers all!

Archived