Another clown loach question

hoges

I picked up another 10 loaches from my LFS today.

Now that I've put them in my tank, I noticed that 1 of them has stripes near his head but two large spots near his tail. I would love to take a photo but they are only little fish and sooo very active, I don't see it being possible.

But basically I want to know, is this normal or did I score a mutant, and if so, should I take it back?

There seems to be quite a lot of variation in the marking on Clown Loaches; if it looks appealing, keep it.

I was just asking if it was normal to have a spotty instead of stripey loach or whether this was abnormal, I suppose I just used the term mutant, to describe abnormal.

No it's not a deformity.

There is actually a very interesting site owned by a guy who will only buy a clown loach if it has weird markings.

they aren't all for the one tank, i've spread them out over 4 tanks this time. I just bought them in bulk because they were cheap.

I don't know whether I am allowed to advertise this, but I was pleasantly surprised when I was down at the LFS in balgowlah, they regularily have clown loaches at 5cms for $4.20 which is nearly half the prices of other shops in the region

There is an interesting variation on the normal striping callled 'saddleback'.

The belly stripe is less 'stripey' and more 'saddley' *lol*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
one of my friends has one with the 'target' symbol on it

you know the bullseye from the target ads.

yeah interesting alright. blink.gif

How cool!

What's his fish named?

Moove? Rove? Rover?... as in Mooving/Roving Target.. haha

Bull? Duckie?Tegart? LOL - I could go on...

• 1 month later...

Archived