Fungused eggs in mothers mouth?

Richard

Hey guys,

I milked my electric blue female which is 14cm yesterday. She was holding for 2 weeks or so.

As i saw the fry come out there was a clutch of about 5 eggs stuck together all fungused with the furryish stuff covering them all, then some more came out, then a small fry came out. There was about 10 eggs overall which got fungused, 12 fully developed fry and the one at the back of her mouth probably behind the fungused eggs still had abit of itss eggsack.

How can this be? How did she not be able to tumble these eggs in her mouth? The eggs werent HUGEMONGUS but normal size. also how come the other fry wasnt fully developed yet? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

sorry bout the flood of questions but im sooo confused.

cheerio

Richard tongue.gif

It has happened to me, I think with blues as well, and the mass of eggs was so big, she couldn't get them out of her mouth. I had to pull them out with a pair of tweezers. I'm sure it was due to eggs not being fertilised, as suggested above. Don't worry about it, you may find it will happen from time to time, but it's all part of the "circle of life"...

Craig

Archived