Getting To Moorebank

hoges

Okay so I live down on the Northern Beaches. I have never been to Moorebank before, but I would really like to attend the American Show.

I will be driving, but can anyone tell me what would be the best way to go, and can anyone give me a guestimate on how long it should take?

TIA

The easiest way without getting lost from the Northern Beaches would be to take Mona Vale road down until it meets the M4. Then go along the M4 and go through the tolls and take the Granville exit.

Turn left on James Ruse Drive and right at Parramatta Road. Then turn left at Woodville Road and keep on driving until you see Bankstown Airport. Then turn right at the traffic lights where the corner of the airport is (sorry, I don't know what this road is call). Then you will be in Moorebank in a couple of minutes.

I expect it will take you about an hour.

THESE ARE MORE DIRECT AND SIMPLE.

Ok here we go,

Firstly, get on the harbour bridge.

From there, get on to the EASTERN DISTRIBUTOR.

Follow this all the way to the entrance of the M5 motorway, (plenty of signs to help you out on the way)

take the motorway till you see signs for the HEATHCOTE RD exit (approx 1km from toll booths)

Take the exit (heathcote rd) and at the top of the exit turn right on to HEATHCOTE RD, then,

once on heathcote rd take the FIRST street on the right (junction rd) then take the first left which is stockton ave, then take the 3rd right (dredge ave) then the first right which is McKAY AVE and you canT miss the school (and all the parked cars) on the right hand side.

Hope i made it simple enough for you.

Need any more help, pm or even call me on 0424008648

should be easy once you get on the bridge with the instructions provided.

Cheers, Alan.

With you living in Frenchs Forest I think this is better

When I go I drive as if I am going to homebush ( you can go either Forest Way or Lane cove way but traffic is usally better taking Forest Way), but continue past Homebush and keeping driving along King Georges Rd and then when I get to it turn right onto the SouthWestern MWY follow it

and then the same as teamsherman

till you see signs for the HEATHCOTE RD exit (approx 1km from toll booths)

Take the exit (heathcote rd) and at the top of the exit turn right on to HEATHCOTE RD, then,

once on heathcote rd take the FIRST street on the right (junction rd) then take the first left which is stockton ave, then take the 3rd right (dredge ave) then the first right which is McKAY AVE and you cant miss the school (and all the parked cars) on the right hand side.

I find it is the easiest way to go. It is not direct but it is alot harder to get lost especially at night.

I have emailed you a map of the exit. I couldnt do much more as I am in Brazil.

You could also use http://www.street-directory.com.au/aus_new/index.cgi

if you dont have a Street directory its not the best but easy to print key points

Thanks guys.... but u've sent me 2 completely different rootes.

Maybe I should just go via the city, as I know how to get onto the M5 that way (after many trips to St Georges Aquarium)

But Thanks so much, at least I can now put it into perspective as to where it is smile.gif

Hoges, which ever way you go it is one hell of a long drive to the south western corner of Sydney. It takes me 70 minutes from Collaroy, but I rarely go these days as it is a long way away, even though it is in the same city (only just ! ). Pretty ridiculous having such a large society located in the extreme southwest of of a large city. We should start a rebel society based at say Epping or Hornsby ! Central Coasters and Novacastrians would love it ! Anyway coming from Elanora, your best bet will be Mona Vale Rd as per Calvus'..... instructions. Get your car serviced, take a full tank of gas,

eat before you go and you should be there in a little over an hour

Hi guys,

Had to have a laugh at you all whinging about an hour's travel to the meetings biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We travel just over the hour and a half from Katoomba and being on committee we are the last to leave as well....our choice and we do it gladly. The knowledge and experience of the individuals we meet is invaluable to us. Plus as an added bonus there are a few funny guys out there as well. You know who you are smile.gif

I also know of members who travel to every meeting from the north coast, south coast, central west etc.

I too lived on the Northern Beaches for ten years, and it used to take me an hour to travel 13 klms across the Spit Bridge to work every morning. We do what we have to do.

Travelling aside the effort is worth it.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Archived