Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos maingano

gswalker

Yes, they are readily available in shops and are sold often on the forum.

Sometimes they will be called

Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos maingano

and other times they will just be called

Melanochromis maingano

BTW if you are buying them from a shop I expect they will be between $10 and $15 for a juvenile depending on where you get them from.

If you get a good quality breeding size fish (6cm+) for under $25 then you are getting a good deal.

As CTTR said, a 3cm juvenile should cost $10 - $15 at a shop and $8 or so from a private breeder depending on numbers bought.

i know what you mean Arj i bought 2 from a lfs here in Melbourne only to find out one was a cross a few weeks later as it developed vertical bars, looks like it has been crossed with a johanni , anyway i bought 5 really nice maingano from a breeder who was one of the first here in Melbourne with maingano his were only $8 for 4 cm fish

I've just been down to the Aquarium in Balgowlah.... (well earlier on today anyways).

They have them at around 5cms, they are asking $11 each. They look to be pretty nice fish - nice clear pattern.

I'm guessing that's a fair trek for you, but thought I would let you know all the same, maybe start giving you a feel for the current LFS market.

I have 50-60mm fish for $12. I believe I was one of the first person to get these fish bred and raised to selling size in Sydney, certainly the first to post and sell them on the SCP, so you can be assured that my fish are not crosses.

This should probably be in the for sale section of the posts dry.gif , but it is still in theme with the above, and as I'm not really pushing to sell them, the above can be taken as information only blush.gif .

crt@ansto.gov.au

Craig

Archived