kingseizei

BOG6ON

Give "Stylez" a PM. He has the best Ps. kingsizei colony i have seen, his main colony consists of many different bloodlines thoughout Australia, so you can expect to get some A Class fry off him. He doesn't frequent the forums much but just shoot him a PM, he should get back to you.

HTH,

Richard.

Kingsizei 'Lupingu'

Try Dobbin (John), he was trying to breed them, but they're really tricky.

Cheers,

yea tell me about it :lol3: iv had a numerous amount of mouthfuls already but they just wont hold longer than 3 days. i guess coz the m/f ratio is fairly even. i am gonna invest in some dither females and see how i go.

Hey,

Yeah these are pretty tricky to breed.

Mine stopped breeding after I sold those fry to you marvin.

I have a pair and every month she has her egg tube out ready to go, but nothing ever comes of it :dntknw:

The male is always keen :roll

I think mine were breeding previously with a dither fish. (female cobwe)

Anyone have any other pointers?

Cheers

Joel

I have had problems with my Kingsizei females also.

they always hold between 3-5 days and then they swallow the eggs.

so disappointing.

I was told that perhaps they are too young.

Here's a picture of my dominant male kingsizei. Stylez purchused the whole colony off me about a year ago.

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Richard

I was wondering what kind of sand you use in your tank?

How do you clean it? Does it not get sucked up when you vacuum the bottom of the tank?

thanks

to answer your question Luke, be prepared to pay $14 to $25 each at most. you may get lucky and get them cheaper but thats just a ballpark figure.

i was lucky enough to get some off Joel, such a top bloke.

IPB Image

they are touching 5-6cm with one very beautiful male at close to 7.

im thinking of moving them in with my demasoni's and adding a few saulosi females as dithers if i can get my hands on some. what do you guys reckon in terms of breeding success?

Just looking at your picture marvin, the yellow kingsizei i have seen have small amounts of black on thier anal fin and under thier belly like an electric yellow. Could this be a different bloodline or possibly a tank full of males?

Luke.

i took that shot a while ago but yea the males in the tank have long black pelvic fins, i have never seen one with a black belly and black anal fin. could it be something else you're reffering to?

i took that shot a while ago but yea the males in the tank have long black pelvic fins, i have never seen one with a black belly and black anal fin. could it be something else you're reffering to?

They had similar markings to a blue kingsizei but yellow.

They had similar markings to a blue kingsizei but yellow.

Hey Luke,

Maybe you were thinking of Cynotilapia sp. "Lion" (Lion's Cove)? These are similar with black bars.

Link

Cheers

Joel

Archived