Cynotilapia sp lion "Lions Cove" & Firefish Peacock

milky

Hey,

Here are a couple of pics i took this arvo, just thought id share them..

Cynotilapia sp lion "Lions Cove"

IPB Image

Firefish Peacock

IPB Image

Thanks for looking!

Mick

thanks everyone for the comments!

sorry cicolid i bought it from a pet shop as a firefish peacock and thats all i know. It was an impulse buy but hes a really cool fish so i dont mind too much. at first i thought he was white craned but after talking to the shop owner i was convinced it wasnt... its been a month and still holding its colour and healthy so i guess he was telling the truth.

Could you please tell me the genus & species of the "Firefish Peacock" ?

You won't find anything due to the fish being a Hybrid and in no way shape or form is it a true Aulonocara Sp.

I have never heard of them being called firefish though they have been circulating :angry: throughout the hobby under the trade name of "Dragon bloods"

The most common problem with that particular hybrid is its tendency to remain stunted in its growth.

Nice looking Lions cove though :thumb

Thanks guys!

i was aware of the possibility that the peacock was a hybrid..

Dont worry i have no intentions of breeding them.

Heres another one of the lions cove

IPB Image

• 2 years later...

You won't find anything due to the fish being a Hybrid and in no way shape or form is it a true Aulonocara Sp.

I have never heard of them being called firefish though they have been circulating :angry: throughout the hobby under the trade name of "Dragon bloods"

The most common problem with that particular hybrid is its tendency to remain stunted in its growth.

So can anyone give me any more feed back on the Dragons Blood Peacock, as I have one in my display tank. I wasn't aware of them being a hybrid. Whats the go with them ?

The Lions cove is a cool looking fish.

Firefish/dragon bloods are in every way shape and form Auolnocara. They are line bred from A. stuartgranti red shoulder. And goldens have been line bred in Australia without hybridisation. I can provide some links for research purposes, but would need mods permission.

What you are saying is the same as saying " 'red melons' and 'blue diamonds' are in no way shape or form discus. ”

• 3 weeks later...

would like to bump this, it's just getting interesting ....

Matt - if you have not been given permission to put the links up on the forum, could you please PM them to me.

Regards,

JayT

Archived