Eheim 2260 hose sizes

Davo

16/22mm and 25/34mm

Thanks Kilroy,

I just found the price of the taps. I nearly fell to the floor. They are not cheap. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives.

Dave

16/22mm and 25/34mm

Thanks Kilroy,

I just found the price of the taps. I nearly fell to the floor. They are not cheap. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives.

Dave

Yep around $150 a set from memory. Mine came with my 2260. Don't know if you could DIY. Did your unit arrive from Germany yet?

It arrived last week but unfortuantly the seller did not ship the hoses and taps with it. I told him not to ship the media due to it weighing too much and he assumed that I did not want the taps/hose either. I was not a happy camper but craP happens.

A online shop in Holland has the 25/34mm taps for $103 and the 16/22 for $40 which is alot cheaper than over here. The shipping is also free if you spend over 75 euros ($122).

Also what media have you used in your 2260?

Dave.

I have the Eheim media (the round clay looking balls), ceramic noodles and the round coarse filter sponge.

What type of coarse filter sponge are you using and where did you get it?

I have the Eheim media (the round clay looking balls), ceramic noodles and the round coarse filter sponge.

What type of coarse filter sponge are you using and where did you get it?

Its the genuine Eheim one. Came with the filter. I forgot to add, I also have ehfisubstrat and small pieces of coral bone for buffering the water...

16/22mm and 25/34mm

Thanks Kilroy,

Dave

There is NOTHING on the market that will replace the Eheim Double Tap connectors. There are standard irrigation taps which will have the compatible sizes, but there is nothing as I say that can be purchased that can come apart like the Eheim Double Tap connectors can. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong. I haven't looked for some years, but am still pretty confident that things have not changed in this area. You'd think there would be some sort of cheap Chinese counterfeit, but if there is I have not seen it.

Craig

Craig,

I think I will just go with the eheim taps. They might cost more but you get what you pay for.

Dave

PS. I will ring you later this week re the filtration of my tank.

Archived