Metriaclima Zebra Gold "Charo"

Beanbagsx

Having the Black background would definately bring out the Gold in them....also a good camera.

Breeding was good when they were in the house.

I put them in the garage with the rest of the fish and I didn't get the time to look after them and keep an eye out for mouthfuls...(brother did say they were holding)

I just moved into the new house and I've finally got them setup again. :thumbup:

Hopefully they will have a few mouthfuls in the next couple of weeks.

In the pics, you are able to see 2 different batch of fry.... only a couple left....lost about 15 along with my brothers mosobos. :cryblow:

nice colony you got going there Jaime.

good to see these guys are still around...

since everyone is posting their pic lol, heres my colony.. i keep them with my perlmutts.

IPB Image

Wow such a big difference in colour from Lepperfish's and Mooks male charos. Got to say Mooks wins this round!

Bwahahahahaha!! funniest thing i have heard on this forum in a long time.. :thumb

You can't really judge fish by their photos. :no: Also, Jamie's water is tan by the looks of it. I hope you don't have PH/hardness issue.

i agree.. but Jaime's male still looks fantastic in the second pic. :thumb

You can't really judge fish by their photos. :no: Also, Jamie's water is tan by the looks of it. I hope you don't have PH/hardness issue.

i agree.. but Jaime's male still looks fantastic in the second pic. :thumb

That's what I'm saying. The tan water distracts the yellow/gold of the fish. Anyhow the 3 males look good :thumbup:

Edited by Phenomena

• 1 month later...

I think they all look good . . . nice Mbuna! :thumb

Photos really are hard to judge a fish by. And let's forget Mbuna have the general rule of thumb that males only really blossom if dominant or showing off to the presence of females.

So not all are going to look brillant as portrayed in some photos and not in others.

Anyone know how long they've been in Australia for?

They're not in any shops I've seen in Brisbane, maybe down the on the GC perhaps. :dntknw:

I know of one breeder up this way who has them, so I hope they proliferate the hobby more!