what have you ordered and recieved instead?

fishguts

i was just reading another post about what people recieved with respect to male/female ratio.

this prompted me to ask "What have you ordered, and recieved instead"???....

i recently had shipped from Perth, 6 "geophagus bahia reds", i paid about $70 each for them.

"cash up front".paid directly into this guys account....

i couldn't wait to get em over here...

there i was waiting at the airport, like a kid at christmas time. Can you imagine my disappointment, when i opened the box, and found 6 seperate bags containing 6 8cm braziliensis?!? :(

becuase i was not totally aware of what the reds actually looked like in the flesh( id only seen the photo of them in the "eartheaters" book), i took them home and put them in my tank.

well, i watched them and watched them, hoping that they would some how miraculously, turn into bahia reds! alas, they never did :no::angry:

i went to the trouble of contacting the author of the book,Thomas Wiedner, and sent him a photo for identification. coz,you dont want to blow up if you are wrong,Right?!?

well Thomas Wiedner tells me that they are common old braziliensis.. worth about $8 each :angry:

meanwhile these fish start to go through the spawning ritual!!! i'm thinking" oh well,i can sell them as pairs and at least, get back the price of the fuel i used driving to the airport"......turns out that every single one of them was FEMALE!!!! its a LESBIAN LOVE-IN!!!!

at this stage , im ready to fly to perth and give it to this bloke!!!!

i rang him, to tell him, what he had done. he hangs up as soon as he answers! and within 2 days he's disconnected his phone!!!!

IT LEFT A VERY BITTER TASTE :yes:

i also bought from him, 9 "geophagus rio aerios" in the same shipment. these turned out to be geo. argyrostictus aripuns, the first of their kind in australia, so i suppose there was some sweetening in the whole saga...

any way, my question is...What have you ordered, and recieved instead?

i would be interested to know. im sure im not the only one to have this happen

especially buying fish "sight unseen" over the net

Also ordered 5 L046s from qld and received 5 L046s with WHITESPOT and the fish showed no symptoms until 5 days later. They ended up killing a tank of my L134 fry a year or so ago. Turns out that that a whole lot of other people contracted whitespot from that punk supplier who has since ripped lots of people off and left without a trace

Also ordered 5 L046s from qld and received 5 L046s with WHITESPOT and the fish showed no symptoms until 5 days later. They ended up killing a tank of my L134 fry a year or so ago. Turns out that that a whole lot of other people contracted whitespot from that punk supplier who has since ripped lots of people off and left without a trace

I'm sure if look around at various restaurants in the Brisbane area you might just find the cause of the Z.K plague. :zipit:;)

yes you remember me telling you about this at the time, dont you keith?

i think its the nature of the beast.especially when you are talking geos. i dont even think he did it intensionally, but the way he handled it was very unbusiness like....

he put the onus on me to prove that they were not bahia reds... and when i did he just broke all contact

so he got the cash anyway

i to got the Z.K. plague with some L333, longfin B/N and some peps which got a nice case of whitespot when i checked on them in the morning, but that was nothing then the 4cm calvus that must have decreased in size ones placed in the bag to a HUGE 2cm fish including tail

if you want to find hard fish to order, getting discus drvies me insane, never get what you think you will get

these fish came in a while ago as bahia reds and where goin for the same price. when i first saw them i told the person i would take them but i thought i better ask for pics to confirm. i identified them as Geo. iporangensis and so did a number of people on other international forums. they look very similar to braziliensis but theres a few differences. also a heads up for other geo fans these fish are also being sold as Gymnogeophagus rhabdotus. i got them at 3cm and didnt find out till after a bit of growing. though it wasnt the persons fault i got them off they had been misled themselves. however i dont think the real bahia's and Gymnogeophagus rhabdotus have hit oz yet. but soon hopefully tongue.gif

just wondering what is the z.k plague

Oh,it was bad, real bad and real contagious,a lot of finned friends caught the Z.K plague with very few survivors :cryblow: from those that come in contact with it,bad times but thankfully it seems to be lying dormant at the moment. :lol4: Here's hoping it never resurfaces.

the Z.K.plague

symphtoms - if the price sounds to good to be true it is!!!

treatment - cut your losses, swallow your pride, and do your reserch

Zaire Kampa AKA - Dave was a dude in brisbane who had some pretty crazy fish mainly plecos and some good prices, i'll assume you can guess the rest

So are we sure ZK is out of the hobby now or is he still lurking around?

One could safely assume he is out for now anyway. From all reports he has left a lot of people with slightly lighter back pockets with nothing to show for it. Always worrying when the bank account you are transferring funds into is not in the sellers name but an alias. :shock:

I was one of the lucky ones from all reports as i always got what i paid for and didn't actually get the plague,but i,m only a couple of hours away it seems those further afield where the ones shafted most,strange that. :(

I've been fairly lucky.

I once paid for "albino greshakei" and got standard albino zebs. I see they are still being sold as albino greshakei too, so I guess it's buyer beware. If we see them advertised here, we PM the sellers and explain, but I bet that doesn't happen elsewhere :(

There are actual albino greshakei around, but I've never seen them in the flesh. The zebs with pink males with light blue stripes and apricot females are the normal zebs.

I once ordered a bourbon and coke, just to recieve a scotch and coke. Oh the humanity! Seriously though, as a somewhat more naive collector some years ago, I bought what I was assured were Zaire Blue Frontosa, only to find out (after much discussion and trawling through photo albums) that they were common, run of the mill Burundi. You live, you learn I guess.

Archived