Trace elements addtives

Robbo2232

Hello Friends!

I am about to move out of a 2br unit in to a house where I have a lot more room, I have been currently doing my water changes buy draining water out and sticking a hose in and filling directly to the tank and adding prime then. I have got my hands on a 220l barrel and I will now be using that for my water changes. so my plans are now to fill the barrel add prime and let it warm up is that all i need to do? any one use trace elements addtives?

by the way its for a south American geo tank

Thanks

fill the barrel add prime and let it warm up is that all i need to do? any one use trace elements addtives?

by the way its for a south American geo tank

i'd suggest just a slight change in procedure. fill the barrel, add any additives that you plan to use, warm it then add the Prime about 1 hr before you need to use the water.

i only ever used a handfull of salt previously, thow now i use Aqua Pics geo salts :thumbup:

just 1 of my quirky ideas, it binds up all the nasties almost instantly but i give it an hr to circulate around the drum. knowing how the chemicals work, i just don't trust it after 1 day. if i don't use all the water in the drum, i'll retreat it the next day before i use it.

thanks,

if I am filling up the barrel in the morning and pumping it into the tank in the arvo after its warmed up do i need a air stone in there?

the pump that i am going to use to pump the water out in to the tank can be switched on to circulate the heat

is there any other tricks / tips i should know about?

Thanks

Archived