Aqua Nova tanks

Matty

I've been asked to set-up a tank for a friend and when I went to the LFS to enquire about prices, they showed me these tanks that are similar to the Aqua One all in one tank. (with the filter and lights in the lid)

The prices were really good compared to the Aqua One brand (less than half) but in my experience, I tend to follow the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

As I can't find any internet info on this brand, I'd like to hear anyone's feedback, both good and bad, before I spend someone elses money. :lol4:

Aqua Nova tanks are great - I've had a 6ft running for two years now and it hasn't missed a beat. No leaks, no issue with the lighting system. My only issue was the filtration model used in my tank was very hard to setup, so I ended up chuck'n it. However they have recently upgraded the design and it works a treat. Definitely go Nova and save yourself some $$$.

i got a aqua nova too, had it 2 tanks, a 2 footer and now gonna sell my 4 footer, and they are excellent, as somone said the filter is pretty crap so youll prob need to get a canister but other then that its excellent value at a excellent price!!

Mmmm, I was expecting more of a negative response.

I've heard a rumour that the light tubes/globes are rated at 220-240V but are closer to only being 220V. I was also told to have a look on the light to see what safety standards are complied, but there is no writing anywhere on them. The housing area I'm supposed to be setting the tank up in, runs at about 243-245V. (My area, I've had it tested.)

So my question is to those of you that use these tanks, does the hood get hot? not just warm but REALLY hot? I've seen nasty pictures on the net of melted hoods, not sure if they're AquaNova tanks or not.

Mmmm, I was expecting more of a negative response.

I've heard a rumour that the light tubes/globes are rated at 220-240V but are closer to only being 220V. I was also told to have a look on the light to see what safety standards are complied, but there is no writing anywhere on them. The housing area I'm supposed to be setting the tank up in, runs at about 243-245V. (My area, I've had it tested.)

So my question is to those of you that use these tanks, does the hood get hot? not just warm but REALLY hot? I've seen nasty pictures on the net of melted hoods, not sure if they're AquaNova tanks or not.

I've never heard of melting hoods before. My hoods get warm. But no where near what i would consider warm enough to melt the metal :shock:

I also know an aquarium who stock aqua nova and they have never had a problem with this ever. . .

Sam

I have seen a few plastic hoods that have buckled from the ballast heat, on a few different brands when the ballast does give up. I have never seen it on Aqua One as yet. Its like anything that is man made one will will be great another may not be. Human error is the problem with these sort of tanks, its how good the importer is with there warranty's that is the question :thumb

Archived