3000 litre tank heating

zexen

Hi guys, My fishing club runs around a 3000 litre live fish tank at a fishing event. I'm just wondering on the options to heat it they really only need to keep the temperature at around 20 degrees and only for a couple of days. any input would be much appreciated

Thanks Tim

Hi guys, My fishing club runs around a 3000 litre live fish tank at a fishing event. I'm just wondering on the options to heat it they really only need to keep the temperature at around 20 degrees and only for a couple of days. any input would be much appreciated

Thanks Tim

Maybe consider hiring a portable gas water heater from kennards or the likes, probably the cheapest and most efficient way to do it.

What time of year do they need to have the tank running?

In summer up there I doubt you will need to use anything. If its close to the ocean you could just pump seawater through the tank constantly to control the temp

Josh

Thanks for the replies guys I'll look into the gas heating. I know last year they could only fill the tank on certain tides but I haven't seen the setup so I don't actually know yet

Solar heating? a thermostat controlling a pump running the tank water through a big roll of black poly sitting in the sun behind the tank

Insulate it well & night time won't be an issue

Archived