finally, some bn eggs!

AFJ

hey all

i bought 5bn off a forum member just over a month ago. they were sitting in my main tank as i didnt hav room to put them in a breeding tank and i was sellin some fish off. i finally sold the fish and moved the bn. there is 1male and 4females in a 2ft tank now. some of the girls had plump bellies but i just thought that they were eating well because they were not overly fat and they were always eating.

they never like any of the caves but a few days ago the male took up a diy cave. then last night i saw a female trying to get the male ot of his cave. the males cave was on the other side of the tank this arvo and i had seen it move a few cm earlier this morning. now there is a nice clutch of eggs in the cave and the male is guarding!!!!!

cant wait a few day til they hatch!!!

today i had a look in the cave with a torch and found the batch of eggs has eyes :lol2: and also a new batch of eggs sitting next to them!! :thumbup:

i think ppl are correct in what they say...once they start breeding they will not stop ;) hopefully it lasts a lot longer and i will hav fry comming out of my ears :lol4:

1st batch of fry arew in the frysaver...they hatched during the night... i counted 49 of them when moving them into the frysaver(DIY version)

congrats fishkid. I think your'e going to wear out your male with 4 females to keep him busy. Watch out with the torch it can make the male kick the eggs out. If you ever want another male let me know.

HEy Great to see my old bn's are breeding away!!!! you will get a heap of babies from them (you saw how many i had in my sump from them).

Keep up the good work

MIChael

yeah lol i do know how many u had:p and i am experiencing it right now as i hav another clutch!! both batches hatched and are healthy and now a third on its way :lol1: must be the weather in sydney and a few small water changes doin it :thumbup: ill be over run with fry soon...verry soon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived