baby tropheus and bloat

klw

hi there,i bought some 1.5cm baby duboisi's about 10 days ago.they are pecking around normally together but they all seem to be spitting their food no matter what it is,i am only feeding 2 types of nls and spirulina flake also the occasional baby brine shrimp.one i noticed today has a long whitish stringy poo.these are my first tropheus so can babies be fussy or can they have bloat at this young age??i got them from a very reputable lfs.

thanks

klw

Reputable? A good or bad reputation? I do not consider selling 1.5cm fry a responsible practice.

I think reduce feeding. If feeding them, try some roughage to help them clear their digestive tracks and plenty of TLC (waterchanges with aged water of the same temperature).

thanks for your opinion,i thought they were a little too small myself,some others had brownish stringy poo just now so maybe im jumping the gun.i will wait and see how they go.

klw

hi there,i bought some 1.5cm baby duboisi's i got them from a very reputable lfs.

i'm trying very hard to be tactfull, so i wont comment :angry::zipit:

as for fry suffering bloat; you better beleive it.

get them off the bbs. they can be a little picky if they're not familiar with what you're using. the best choice is to feed whatever they were bred on. but at this point i'd get some bio starter flake, mix it 50/50 with the nls flake, feed sparingly [often if possible] and pray hard

hi there,i bought some 1.5cm baby duboisi's about 10 days ago.they are pecking around normally together but they all seem to be spitting their food no matter what it is,i am only feeding 2 types of nls and spirulina flake also the occasional baby brine shrimp.one i noticed today has a long whitish stringy poo.these are my first tropheus so can babies be fussy or can they have bloat at this young age??i got them from a very reputable lfs.

thanks

klw

I would cut the brine shrimp out totally! they don't need this.

You only need NLS growth and spirulina flake to get them growing.

Cheers,

Richard

Archived