Urgent help please!

Vukie

Hi guys,

got home this afternoon from work and my large dominant male red empress looks really sick, he is very pale and his eyes have swolen up and he looks like a gold fish!

anyone know what this is and how i can treat it?

do i separate him from the rest of the tank?

Please help!

start looking for another dominant male

If it swollen up like a golf ball and it's eyes are bulging out of it's head it more than likely has developed bloat. Do a search and you will find treatment options. I would be looking at immediately removing it to a hospital tank and I would be keeping a very good eye on the rest of your fish...

Hi guys,

got home this afternoon from work and my large dominant male red empress looks really sick, he is very pale and his eyes have swolen up and he looks like a gold fish!

anyone know what this is and how i can treat it?

do i separate him from the rest of the tank?

Please help!

There is a good chance that it is dropsy, abdomen very rounded, raised scales, bulging eyes.

Separate him definately if you wish to attempt treating him however if he were mine I believe it more humane to send him to sleep <_<

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem. I've copied a few pages of a book I have found to be reliable here. (Please note the tables on the last 2 pages are meant to be facing pages in a book, so you'll have to join them together in your mind).

Could it be exopthalmia?

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem. I've copied a few pages of a book I have found to be reliable here. (Please note the tables on the last 2 pages are meant to be facing pages in a book, so you'll have to join them together in your mind).

Could it be exopthalmia?

Seems the disease has gone far - immmediate separate from others - if my fish i'll put it to permanent 'rest' - sorry.

thanks for the help, i have separted the fish and is currently in a hospital tank, none of the other fish are showing any signs of being sick and are all active and eating normally.

is there anything i should do to the main tank just to be safe?

Archived