Breeding Electric Blues

fishfreak84

I ve just noticed my electric blue female holding how long do they take to spit the fry out and should I move her out of the community tank???

I ve just noticed my electric blue female holding how long do they take to spit the fry out and should I move her out of the community tank???

I've never bred Electric Blues but I imagine they would be similar to most other Malawi haps with a 21-28 days before the female spits. If you want to keep the fry and raise them I would suggest moving her out of the community tank other wise they will be become lunch/dinner.

Totally up to you if you want to save them. I breed blues and i leave them for 22days then strip them into an icecream container with bit of water, sometimes they have a small yoke sack havent had any probs with fungus. If your worried about fungus add methylene blue to the water to prevent fungus. I put them in a 2 footer with a sponge filter, i dont feed them till the yoke is all gone and after that i feed them NSL 1mm sinking pellet, just small pinch, when they soften up on the bottom the blues will peck em to bits.

HTH

regards Brett

Archived