breeding Hemichromis bimaculatus

fishfreak84

I have a pair that have mated before according to the previous owner. i have them separated in a another tank how do i get tha ball rolling?

PS i tried to post on the breeding section and it wouldnt let me????

Basically all you have to do is keep the food up and regular water changes.

Try powerfeeding for faster results. Feed them 2-3 times a day. Feed frozen brine shrimp once a day and the other times a good quality pellet or crisp. Don't bother with flake, it will dirty the water too much. After a week of this, do a water change. Leave the tank for a day, then raise the temperature up 2-3 degrees. Give them a good feed of brine shrimp, and make sure they hav something to lay there eggs on.

I have a pair that have mated before according to the previous owner. i have them separated in a another tank how do i get tha ball rolling?

Do you mean they are separated from your other fish or separated from each other?

If they are in their own tank that's fine since they can be pretty nasty when in breeding mode, though some hardy target fish can be beneficial. Give them a good diet and some rocks to spawn on.

They are not difficult to breed and will soon begin doing what comes naturally if they are a mated pair.

:thumbup: YAY !!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

thanks everyone my fish layed her eggs this afternoon!!!

Im so excited

heres a pic that i took (its not very good but u can see the important stuff)

http://placeofsanctuary.spaces.live.com/ph...B7D202!183/

Archived