4 foot discus tank

Out of Africa

That ia an awesome looking tank mate well done

Is it just a standard 4 footer?

The fish look great where's the shop at i would like to take a peek my self

cheers Jayb :clap

Thanks mate, it's 18 high and 4 ft long standard width. The shop is Pet04 in Annandale off Parra Rd. The fish are great and you can get ALOT for your money ! Those guys were $20 each!!! He imports from Malaysia. Have fun and don't get too many for your tank ...can be tempting :lol3:

Those guys were $20 each!!! He imports from Malaysia.

Insane price!

Nice tank too. I have some similar plants in my tank but have been struggling with that dirty black hair algae! I need more SAEs :thumb

Yeah Willy he is a top bloke too. Prices are tops for excellent quality fish! I just got 2 sml blue diamonds off him the other day and they are real beauties :thumb

For the anubias I have the sylvania grolux light on for 7 hrs a day and use 5mls of Flourish excell once a day! That's it! Hardly any algae :thumbup:

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Todd,

They are supposed to be blue turquoise and leopard spots. I also now have 2 high fin blue diamonds. Wanted to get a red / white turk too but it was an adult and too big compared to the rest , but the price and fish quality was excellent!

geez sometimes i hate my old dial-up connection. But it was worth the wait..very nice fish and tank, and those smooth rocks show up nice too..unusual colour. What is the substrate exactly?

Thanks mate. The substrate is washed river sand bought from a local nursery ( Sundown Nursery ) a 20 kg bag costs $4.40 so 2 bags is plenty for my size tank! It tanks a while to settle though after washing and putting into the tank and I got impatient so I put some Seachem clarity in the tank to act as a coagulant and bind the sand silt suspended in the water column and put my Aquaclear 500 on for a few hours to clean the mess out! was better than waiting 3 days , did it in 4 hrs! a crystal clear finish! But I did have to rinse out the wool in the AC 500 about 5-6 times as it goes orange from the clarity and sand particles , best done with a hang on filter full of wool not sponge!

Hope that helps :lol3:

Archived