calvus info please

phear

hey guys i bought 2 black pearl calvus today the guy i got them off said they are around 18+ months old and he got them at 2.5-3cm

just wondering how big they are as he had them with tropheus and was not feeding high protiene foods so im guessing this would have slowed growth rates down a bit!

i have heard they will start breeding from 2yrs but does this depend on size too or just age if so what size?

they seem to act like a pair and 1 is about 7-8cm and the other is around 5-6 cm and they were both the exact same size when he got them!

they are in with my tropheus colony atm for a week untill i get a day off and set up a new tank for them then ill measure the exact size and try and vent them while moving them!

is this normal size for near on 2yo calvus?

Cheers Jamie

Hi Jamie,

size sounds about right for their age, theres not much you can do to speed up alto growth unfortunatley.

If he got them from the same batch and they were the same size, given there is a difference of a few cm's then they may well be a pair.

Breeding occurs around 2 yrs give or take, size is not relevant, age would determine when they become sexully mature.

cheers

Grant

hey guys i bought 2 black pearl calvus today the guy i got them off said they are around 18+ months old and he got them at 2.5-3cm

just wondering how big they are as he had them with tropheus and was not feeding high protiene foods so im guessing this would have slowed growth rates down a bit!

i have heard they will start breeding from 2yrs but does this depend on size too or just age if so what size?

they seem to act like a pair and 1 is about 7-8cm and the other is around 5-6 cm and they were both the exact same size when he got them!

they are in with my tropheus colony atm for a week untill i get a day off and set up a new tank for them then ill measure the exact size and try and vent them while moving them!

is this normal size for near on 2yo calvus?

Cheers Jamie

Archived