Breeding Geophagus. Tapajos!

fishrocks

Hey guys, my geo tapajos are breeding! Today they layed around 50 eggs on a slate. Previously layed eggs on it before but unsuccessful because of overhead filter. I've removed the overhead filter and added sponge filters. What should i do guys? And when should i catch the fries?

I have no problem with my Geo's with catfishes. The only problem I have is the bloody female not doing her job after the male release the frys. I think you just have to let them practice and get the hang on it.

Cheers

Hilton

just let them be...hilton is right they wont bother eating until they relase the fry, and thats when you should feed them..if you want to raise your fry then remove them from parents and raise them on your own..keep them in the same tank but sparate them from parents.

just let them be...hilton is right they wont bother eating until they relase the fry, and thats when you should feed them..if you want to raise your fry then remove them from parents and raise them on your own..keep them in the same tank but sparate them from parents.

i tried doing that once when i saw the fries come out of their mouths but when i get close to the tank they would just collect the fries back into their mouth ><

• 2 weeks later...

Archived