chipokae holding

atraxgirl

hi everyone.

iwe have our first breeding sucess with our chipkae's which happened last night she has quite amouthful,but the problem is he is being a bugger in the last few hours follwingbher everywhere and what it look like trying to nip her,why is he doing this i know that they are a narky fish but im worries that hes stressing her,is this what they do or shall move her to a tank be herself for peace and quite..

the tank is 4foot heaps of hiding spots,etc..and shes approx 8cm..

any help appeciated..

cheers

hi everyone.

iwe have our first breeding sucess with our chipkae's which happened last night she has quite amouthful,but the problem is he is being a bugger in the last few hours follwingbher everywhere and what it look like trying to nip her,why is he doing this i know that they are a narky fish but im worries that hes stressing her,is this what they do or shall move her to a tank be herself for peace and quite..

the tank is 4foot heaps of hiding spots,etc..and shes approx 8cm..

any help appeciated..

cheers

If he is constantly harassing her I would move to her her own tank until she spits/you strip her. Then leave her in there for a week or so to get her get condition back before putting her back with the male cos he'll probably want to breed again straight away.

Is she the only girl in the tank? If so I would highly recommend getting another 3-4 girls so he can spread his attention around a bit.

Hope this helps

Damo

Archived