Help my female electric blue please

fishfreak84

the other week i added a female electric blue to my tank, which has a male blue, a moorii and another female unknown. this morning i check the tank and my new fishes side fin has almost been chewed off.

is this normal courting behavior or is there something sinster about her tank mates.

Ive separated her now so how do i help her get better?

the other week i added a female electric blue to my tank, which has a male blue, a moorii and another female unknown. this morning i check the tank and my new fishes side fin has almost been chewed off.

is this normal courting behavior or is there something sinster about her tank mates.

Ive separated her now so how do i help her get better?

a dose of melafix and a little time will see her right.

though you could have the same problem when you add her back to the main tank. would be good if you can find some more and add them all at the same time, this would help spread the aggression.

is the moorii [blue dolphin] a male?

In addition to adding new stock more than one at a time I would advise moving the decor. It makes the existing stock stake new territory. They sort out where all the hidey-holes and caves are while they clock the new neighbours. It is a better situation than the newies getting thrashed for encroaching on already guarded territory.

Archived