L104 Spawn Panaque maccus

YAL05T

Well I have finally got them to do the deed properly AND managed to save all the fry, two batches all in the fry saver :thumbup:

Was a bit of a shock, I can only put it down to a massive w/c and the storms we have been having.

The little guys are all around 10mm with no egg sac left at all. I am trying to get them onto nls grow and crushed flake.

I will try to get some pics if they sit still.

Rounds out a good day as I just picked up 10 201's, 5 near adult 002's and 5 juvie 397's, good times for sure.

Cheers,

Brett

Thanks Mike, I will get some pics up if I can get them to sit still for long enough.

The theory that they will only spawn in wood caves/logs has been shot to buggery too, as these guys used a ceramic log.

Cheers,

Brett

Well I have finally got them to do the deed properly AND managed to save all the fry, two batches all in the fry saver :thumbup:

Was a bit of a shock, I can only put it down to a massive w/c and the storms we have been having.

The little guys are all around 10mm with no egg sac left at all. I am trying to get them onto nls grow and crushed flake.

Rounds out a good day as I just picked up 10 201's, 5 near adult 002's and 5 juvie 397's, good times for sure.

Cheers,

Brett

Congrats!

I've been developing an obsession with L's recently and the 104's are one of my faves, good luck with raising the fry, I'd be interested in some too ;)

Congratulations again!

Nick

Here are the best I can get, the young are roughly 10mm long, the log pic has one of the females pushing back in with the male. Sorry about the water marks but you get an idea of the size with the blue ram sitting over the top of it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

Brett

Cheers,

Brett

well done i hope my do the same

Gee the marking are very clear for 10mm catties

Just like mini me's

Well done.

Cheers mate, I am happy with their progress too, they have gained a bit of weight anf look "fuller" I also have a second batch on the go now.

Let me know if you are still interested in the 4x L168's too, otherwise I'll add them back to the big tank or offer them up again :dntknw: never thought I would say I had too many cats :B

Cheers,

Brett

Hey Brett i was just reading your last post and noticed you have 4XL168s i was just wondering if you have

had any success with breeding them?

i have a pair atm just got em in a community tank. temp is 25 degs. PH is 7. I have a few different shape/size caves is there anything else i should pay attention to?

cheers in advance for any help

regards Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, I have my camera charging up and I will post some progress pics of the fry tomorrow or tuesday.

I only lost one so far, it just would not eat and slowly wasted, I tried thera A ground up and garlic but just could not entice it to eat :cryblow: