Introducing Myself & My Fish

Mr-RX

Hello everybody here at ACE.

My name is Adam and i've owned my fish for about 2 years now.

I own an Oscar, a Pleco, 2 pairs of breeding Convicts and some various fish around the house.

My Oscar and Pleco are in a 4x18x20 tank, With 3 Filters. 2x Eheim 2215 and a 1x POW 2000lph.

The Breeding Convicts are in a series of 5 tanks.

4x 20L tanks and one 3 foot tank. Each pair of convicts stay in one of the four 20L tanks, when they breed we take the parents out after a week and put them into the next 20L tank. When they breed a second time we remove the fry from the first tank and put them into the 3 foot tank and move the parents back to the first tank to repeat the process.

I've only just started breeding convicts so there are currently no fry in the big tank just yet, However i do have 20 - 30 convict fry and my god are they tiny.

My Oscar spent most of its life in my 3 foot tank, So unfortantly he has not grown very big just yet, He is roughly 20cm big, So still big but not as big as some of the oscars i've seen that are only 2 years old.

My Pleco is 12cm big and i just got him, I baught him from a lady we know very well at the local aquarium shop. And yes, He does not have any eyes. Its not a photochop. His a character that pleco.

So thats the introduction done, Now its time for the fun part, Photos. Enjoy.

Sorry if the photos are a bit small for some of you guys with bigger monitors, All my images are scaled to 13% of original size.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

When i first got into fish i HATED cleaning tanks, and doing water changes, i did them maybe once every few months.

But my oscar was very very unhappy and he used to thrash around and just looked genrally unhappy, Which i did not like.

So i pulled my finger out and got some good filtration and realized you dont need to do as many water changes if you have good filtration, So i was happy and my fish was much happier.

So now i make sure my filters are clean and do water changes (roughly 10%) every few weekends.

Breeding is harder then i thought tho, even more so with 20L tanks. Im finding myself doing water changes every few days. But it will be worth it when i have hundreds of little convicts.