pumf for my sump

jetboy3

hey guys first post as im new to the forum so hi all!!! fot the last few years i have ben using canesters for my tanks. i have just got a 4x2x2 with a 3 ft sump. i have 2 50mm holes on both sides at the top running both pipes into each side of the sump (1 main side and 1 just with wool) jus want to knw what pump to buy

thanks luke

Hi Lonx,

I use Laguna exclusively and have found them extremely reliable. Have tried a LOT of other pumps and they also fault for one reason or another. Never had a problem with a laguna. They are more expensive upfront but considering they are less likely to breakdown, less stress worrying if your fish will be okay and buying another cheap replacement pump, it works out a much better investment in the long run. Also as dazza says much cheaper to run compared to similar rated LPH pumps.

cheers

Grant

Thanks Grant,

Whats the noise level like on them? Just wondering with it being designed from ponds etc. - tho I would imagine the noise from the wier & delivery to the sump will be louder anyway. I'll be putting some panels around the stand & probably something to deaden the sound inside those anyway, so I don't expect it to be a problem.

I haven't used laguna but I believe they are food pumps. I use Ocean runners and they are the bomb ded quiet and reliable. I am going to use either an IR2500 or an OR3500 for my 4x2x2 dependig on what fish I intend to put in. If it is an troph tank maybe higher or a tang community breeding tank maybe a little lower. I love them

cheers

Archived