Advice on Aquarium brand

Chijus11

Hi ,

Im a Noob here and this is my first post :)

I am looking to change my display tank from a 4' x 14" x 18" to , possibly, a Sun Sun aquarium kit.

I was wondering if this brand has been reliable for anyone and if it is worth considering.

It measures 4'x2'x18' and comes with trickle filter and lighting with cabinet and hood. Was told it was for either freshwater or marine use.

My display tank will be cold water - gold fish.

Running :

One air pump and corner filter.

Via Aqua canister filter @ 1000 L /h

1 x 4' powerglo

1 x 4' sunglo

3 danizos

4 black widdows

2 red caps

6 Schubunkins

8 Comets and mixed Fantail

BUMP

Im thinking of getting it very soon, any feedback???

looks good to me how much this setting you back just for the tank

The SunSun is 4'x2'x18" and comes with the stand, hood, lighting and trickle filter for $475.

Its a chinese brand i think and probably made from Chinese glass

All new , no leaks :)

looks good to me how much this setting you back just for the tank

The SunSun is 4'x2'x18" and comes with the stand, hood, lighting and trickle filter for $475.

Its a chinese brand i think and probably made from Chinese glass

All new , no leaks :)

Thats pretty cheap!! i say take it aqua one sells a similar styl ones for 1 gran plus

Hi mate,

I have a 2ft Sun Sun tank. Used it for about a year. I bought it second hand. Had no problem.

The only thing I don't like is when you closed the lid, water condenses on the lid and drops when you open the lid. Make a mess. Also make the lid and light unit dirty. I suggest you get a glass cover, custom made.

I actually like it more than AquaOne. The lid is made of alloy and the front glass is flat.

HTH...

Hi mate,

I have a 2ft Sun Sun tank. Used it for about a year. I bought it second hand. Had no problem.

The only thing I don't like is when you closed the lid, water condenses on the lid and drops when you open the lid. Make a mess. Also make the lid and light unit dirty. I suggest you get a glass cover, custom made.

I actually like it more than AquaOne. The lid is made of alloy and the front glass is flat.

HTH...

Thanks for the advice ,

Custom glass lid sounds like a decent idea, especially with the condensation issue.

Have you any pictures ?

Thanks for the advice ,

Custom glass lid sounds like a decent idea, especially with the condensation issue.

Have you any pictures ?

I didn't get a glass lid for mine. I have shut it down. Just measure it and go to a glazier to cut it for you. :thumb

Thanks for the advice ,

Have you any pictures ?

I didn't get a glass lid for mine. I have shut it down. Just measure it and go to a glazier to cut it for you. :thumb

What would you recommend for the lights and trickle filter to be housed in?

Archived