Pseudotropheus Zebra Long Pelvic

GTR73

Can anyone comment on what they're like to keep?

Are they territorial?

Are they Omnivorous or strictly Herbivore?

How big do they grow?

Do they need caves as with most Mbuna? E

tc etc . . .

Got a male today and figured it would fit into my Mbuna display without too much drama.

But there isn't a hell of a lot of info about Zebra Long Pelvics on the Net or anywhere.

Thanks!

Got a male today and figured it would fit into my Mbuna display without too much drama.

going into an mbuna display tank, you shouldn't have too many drama's unless you have other Ps.zebra in there as well, in which case territory would become an issue. also be aware of xbreeding issues

all mbuna are herbivorous, a few other little treats once a week will do no harm.

he should grow to about 10cm and if you have rocks or other decore in the tank he will find a place to call home

HTH;

going into an mbuna display tank, you shouldn't have too many drama's unless you have other Ps.zebra in there as well, in which case territory would become an issue. also be aware of xbreeding issues

all mbuna are herbivorous, a few other little treats once a week will do no harm.

he should grow to about 10cm and if you have rocks or other decore in the tank he will find a place to call home

HTH;

Just wondering where you read all mbuna are herbivorous?

BTW..........Labidochromis C. (E.Yellows) are Mbuna and they are omnivorous as are Cynotilapia Afra (various sp.) and most Melanochromis species. These guys are all omnivorous and these are just a few examples.

What you have to be careful with is the amount of protein rich foods you give them, like bloodworms etc. as these can upset them considerably......

.......This is probably what was meant by Colfish.

I feed mine NLS and HBH Veggie Flake, so should be suitable for them.

I also have no females in the tank and rearrange the rockwork once a month, just to keep 'em on their toes. :)

It's just interesting that there's not much public info on Zebra Long Pelvic. I know there's a couple of locational variants (Mdoko was one?), but not sure what has been brought into Australia.

Archived