Air Pump recommendations?

kilroy

Hi all,

I am in the process of adding a UPS to my fish room, and I am looking for a good air pump that will be able to run 7 tanks in there. I have looked in the usual places (eBay/sponsors) and there are a few different options. The electomagnetic piston driven ones seem powerful for a relatively small wattage, but I don't know how good they are or if the rate is adjustible.

Any recommendations guys on brands/type of airpumps that are reliable and have sufficent capacity to run my tanks. Only 3 of the tanks have air driven (side drop) filters, the rest are just going to have airstones to keep some surface agitation going in the event of a power failure...

cheers

Shane

Hi all,

I am in the process of adding a UPS to my fish room, and I am looking for a good air pump that will be able to run 7 tanks in there. I have looked in the usual places (eBay/sponsors) and there are a few different options. The electomagnetic piston driven ones seem powerful for a relatively small wattage, but I don't know how good they are or if the rate is adjustible.

Any recommendations guys on brands/type of airpumps that are reliable and have sufficent capacity to run my tanks. Only 3 of the tanks have air driven (side drop) filters, the rest are just going to have airstones to keep some surface agitation going in the event of a power failure...

cheers

Shane

Hi Shane

When I did my research for my airpump. I was told that the EM piston ones are noisy. Even the resun LP40 that i have now has a bit of noise but once you get used to it, not noticeable. HiBlow is a reliable brand. Aline uses them for her tanks. My LP40 has 12 outlets and currently runs 6airstones in my air driven filter, 1 airstone corner filter x2, 3 other airstones by itself in frysavers. Pressure is excellent. I use control tap valve to adjust the air pressure for each airstone.

I think a friend of mine uses the Resun LP60 (or maybe LP100) to run 2x6ft tank side drop filters, 1x4ft tank (which is my tank now), a couple of airdriven filters for each 2ft grow out tanks x4.

HTH

Eric

Hi all,

cheers

Shane

Hi Shane

When I did my research for my airpump. I was told that the EM piston ones are noisy. Even the resun LP40 that i have now has a bit of noise but once you get used to it, not noticeable. HiBlow is a reliable brand. Aline uses them for her tanks. My LP40 has 12 outlets and currently runs 6airstones in my air driven filter, 1 airstone corner filter x2, 3 other airstones by itself in frysavers. Pressure is excellent. I use control tap valve to adjust the air pressure for each airstone.

I think a friend of mine uses the Resun LP60 (or maybe LP100) to run 2x6ft tank side drop filters, 1x4ft tank (which is my tank now), a couple of airdriven filters for each 2ft grow out tanks x4.

HTH

Eric

thx Eric,

I have ordered the LP40..

cheers

shane

hi Shane

if you are thinking of any additional tanks in the near future, consider upgrading to an LP60. just to have that extra in reserve.

they're a good pump, can be a little noisy untill you get used to them. i run an LP100 and a Hi Blow100

[2 separate systems]. be smart and get a repair kit for it as well,----- you know when equipment chooses to fail eh?

cheers; Colin