Fry eggs died...

Evo

Ok i had some salousi fry in a tumbler for a few days.. After a little while some of them got white growths on them that wre read around the edges. The eggs were in the wriggler stage and all the levels were fine. Could this be due to a lack of tumbling... The eggs weren't moving but water was flowing past them... Has anybody got a video so i can gauge what current and "bounce" i should have. Along with a diagnosis of my problem.

The eggs should be moving in the tumbler.

The amount of movement varies between hobbiest. I like mine to 'float' in the tumbler while others seem to have their just bouncing off the bottom

Josh

Hey Evo,

I use the Jehmco tumblers I got from Matthew, and am very happy with them.

Are these the same ones you are using?

I usually have the eggs gentley rocking/bouncing on the base of the tumbler. Floating them in a consistent motion like Josh has suggested works also, but you need to make sure that they do not crash into the sides violently.

I usually have 100% success, but there is sometimes an egg that goes bad.

If you notice an egg turning white or growing fungus, you need to remove it ASAP otherwise the rest of the eggs may follow.

HTH

Good luck

Cheers

Joel

Ok i had some salousi fry in a tumbler for a few days.. After a little while some of them got white growths on them that wre read around the edges. The eggs were in the wriggler stage and all the levels were fine. Could this be due to a lack of tumbling... The eggs weren't moving but water was flowing past them... Has anybody got a video so i can gauge what current and "bounce" i should have. Along with a diagnosis of my problem.

You mention that they were in the wriggler (heads and tails) stage - if they are capable of movement themselves, which heads and tails are, then fungus should not be an issue, so this would have formed after they died :(.

I would imagine that you did not have enough air to gentle tumble them. As long as they do not look like the Lotto balls in action whether they are gently rocking or slightly tumbling constantly then you should have little trouble next time :thumbup:

Archived