few pics of the tank

Gav

got a few pics of the tank with fish now in. yes the glass is dirty. there is lots of cardinals. neon s and rummy nose, 8 discus and 15 or so small black angels in the tank.

this is from the 4ft side. looking down 6ft of length.

IPB Image

and this is from the 6ft length

IPB Image

this is a higher iso shot to actually show the fish, as in the last they are just blurs...

IPB Image

this shows the right side to the middle

IPB Image

and this shows the left back to the middle

IPB Image

some of the tetras...

IPB Image

fish in motion

IPB Image

red melon

IPB Image

golds with checkerboard behind (and its algae on the glass showing on the back ones head not a weird mark)

IPB Image

checkerboard

IPB Image

checkerboard again (diff one tho i think)

IPB Image

and again

IPB Image

blue diamond

IPB Image

another blue diamond

IPB Image

no problems at all. they are growing really nicely. still need a little more light for some areas of the tank though. i think its just easier without co2 if you pick the right types of plant. most of what i have is slow growing so doesnt have a huge need for abvailable co2.

i have a few dwarf cichlids on the shopping list, just need some funding for that list. few more discus would be nice also

lepper, tank volume is 1450 litres if calculated on internal dimensions (i did a few calculations on external, and i have around 150 litres of glass there. scary stuff :)

Its a great looking tank.

My only suggestion is to have a look at Takashi Amano's Nature Aquarium World series on the theory of aquascaping and the Golden Section etc. That is a tank where you have the opportunity to do some really stunning aquascaping.

david

Archived