how long do alto's live foe?

mithendore

Just wondering and i cant find much thru Google on how long these fish live for??

Also how long do they breed for etc once they reach sexual maturity of 2 years??

Is there a difference between the different types of altos like Calvus, fire fins, gold heads, golds etc or are they the same??

thanks in advance

jason

Hi Jason,

I cannot answer 100% on life span but I have had some adult altos for about 8 years and still going strong. The breeding has kept up over this period.

When you say difference, not sure what you mean. Alto. calvus and Alto. compressiceps are different; then the different variants in calvus, black, white, yellow are the same just different colouration and compressiceps, gold, gold head, firef in, Kigoma etc etc are same fish different colouration/patterning. Same diet and requirements, breeding etc.

HTH

Grant

Just wondering and i cant find much thru Google on how long these fish live for??

Also how long do they breed for etc once they reach sexual maturity of 2 years??

Is there a difference between the different types of altos like Calvus, fire fins, gold heads, golds etc or are they the same??

thanks in advance

jason

When you say difference, not sure what you mean. Alto. calvus and Alto. compressiceps are different; then the different variants in calvus, black, white, yellow are the same just different colouration and compressiceps, gold, gold head, firef in, Kigoma etc etc are same fish different colouration/patterning. Same diet and requirements, breeding etc.

thanks for that grant, sorry to confuse.

what i meant was then the differant types then, Alto calvus live for...... years and alto comps live for.......years or are they about the same??

fill in the gaps if you know what i mean?

jason

thanks for the link

i will have to investigate that site a little more as its the only one i have seen so far with lifespan in hte profiles....

I dont know about you guys but the pic with the link for the comps looks a lot like a clavus to me??? what do you guys think

jason

thanks for the link

i will have to investigate that site a little more as its the only one i have seen so far with lifespan in hte profiles....

I dont know about you guys but the pic with the link for the comps looks a lot like a clavus to me??? what do you guys think

jason

I agree it's a calvus.