2.5ft T5 lighting

MCB

Hi,

I have been trying to find a 2.5ft T5 lighting unit, or 2.5ft tubes that I can mount into the hood, with no luck. Does anyone know if there is any brand out there that does this size? I am not convinced that a 2ft light unit will suffice in my tank as it is also quite deep (55cm).

Thanks!

T5's do not come in 2.5 ft lengths - depending on how much light you want (ie how many tubes) you may be able to stagger the tubes (if you get the end cap type fittings)

have a look at this page (just a random page I googled) - it shows some of the T5's available from the Hagen line http://www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/index1.html

Cheers,

Matt

Shame to hear that 2.5ft T5 lights aren't out but thanks for letting me know. My tank probably wont be planted, but I want the lighting to be OK if I do decide to plant at some point (rather than having to buy new lights again). My tank is quite small (78cm x 31cm x 50cm). I was thinking of getting 2 Hagen light tubes in there, which would then have to be 2ft'ers.

Would I be better off with the individual caps that attach to the hood so that the 2 lights are staggered, as mentioned by Felder, or with a twin reflector unit? Am thinking more than 2 lights may be overkill (sorry I didnt mention the exact dimensions of my tank before), though saying that, the lights are only 2ft.

Archived