Camera/Lens Supplier

serkan

Hey guys, in the couple months I was gone, I focussed more towards my studies and my ambitions, but fear not, my 5x2x2 still exists, and all my fish are healthy.

Anyway, so in the past couple months I've been doing some importing and distribution. My latest supplier has a niche in cameras/lenses. Against retail, the prices are great and can even beat ebays by 5-10%

The problem is, I know little about cameras and even less about lenses. Does anyone know which cameras/lenses are really popular right now? And if possible, with such popular models, if i quote a price, can you tell me whether it is competitive.

Eagerly awaiting the replies of the ace crew + huzzy.

Cheers

Serks

Hah, old humour never dies.

Heres to my 300th post. Another one of those and I'll have to muzzle you leper. (Yea im good)

Now help me in my market research. Is there more of a market for lenses? Or happy snap cameras? Or SLRs?

I think I'm gonna ask the photography club at uni. See what they say.

If you are looking at flogging them around here, then you would be better off looking at macro type lenses. Nikon and Canon are the most popular.

If you can get me a price on a 100mm F2 Canon EF Macro lens I will tell you if it is good or not.

Either that or a 105mm Sigma macro lens for Canon...

Pls PM if you have any luck

cheers

shanr

K so heres what I got:

Canon EF 100mm f/2 $540 - $550

Sigma MACRO 105mm F2.8 EX DG (Canon) $450

I think Lepper's right about the f/2 macro lenses. I can get you a price on an f/2.8 if you like.

Anyway, so based on those above prices, you guys think theres market for this in Australia?

Could probably do those above prices for a little cheaper.

Therein lies the problem. These are all greymarket products. i.e. they've been oversupplied in another country and can only be resold in other countries WITHOUT warranty.

7 day DOA is offered though, so you have a week to test it out and see if anythings wrong with it. With a full refund/exchange at buyers discretion given.

Okay well let me know. Oh and do you guys think I should register for an ABN?

Would that make customers for trusting?

Cheers

Serks

Not quite. I use a just in time approach. I order the item after being paid, and use the money received to pay for the order.

A bit like what Dell does when you order a computer from them.

For tax purposes, all income is registered under P8 (personal services income).

Oh and theres no margin for consumer electronics when it comes to wholesaling. I've made some contacts for commodities, and once I'm ready to bring them in, I will have to register an ABN, you are correct.

Archived